This Blueberry Chia Seed Smoothie is one of my all time favorite smoothies to make. It’s super simple and filled with ingredients that I pretty much always have lying around the house!
I use whatever fruit I have on hand which is most commonly frozen bananas and blueberries but really any fruit would work well in this. So, use whatever you have in you freezer (frozen fruit definitely provides the best creamy texture IMO).
love adding chia seeds to my smoothies not only for their nutritional benefits but also because they help to thicken up a smoothie and give it a really nice texture.
Chia Seed Smoothie variations:
- Make it without banana: Substitute banana with ½ avocado. It will make smoothie extra creamy. Note: in this case you will need to add extra sweetener.
- Make it keto-friendly: Use ½ avocado instead of banana. Add in 1 teaspoon of MCD oil or coconut oil if desired.
- Make it weight loss friendly: Use only ½ banana to cut down calories.
- Make it protein-packed: Add a scoop of protein powder. This will transfer smoothie into a great protein-packed, post-workout shake.
- Make it vegan. Use plant-based milk and vegan probiotic yogurt.
Delicious Blueberry Chia Seed Smoothie Recipe
This Blueberry Chia Seed Smoothie is one of my all time favorite smoothies to make. it's simple and healthy smoothie that's thick and creamy.
Blend coconut water, blueberries, banana, yogurt and chia seeds together in a high-powered blender for 30 seconds, or until creamy.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 238
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 3g5%
- Cholesterol 2mg1%
- Sodium 273mg12%
- Potassium 1mg1%
- Total Carbohydrate 47g16%
- Dietary Fiber 9g36%
- Sugars 27g
- Protein 9g18%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.